What I have learned from Nintendo’s Press Conferences is to never laugh at whatever ridiculous looking piece of plastic they decide to bring on the stage. When Nintendo showed the Vitality Sensor last summer, everyone was thinking “Why the hell would I want to monitor my heart rate”, however I wouldn’t lose faith in Nintendo just yet.
What I don’t expect to see is any new 3D Mario or Metroid game since they have either been released or are going to release very soon. What I am hoping for is the 3DS to blow my mind, and immediately make me start saving to purchase a new handheld. Unlike its competitors, Nintendo has always done an excellent job of keep their surprises secrets, which is why Nintendo’s Press Conferences turn out to be the most shocking of the three.
- Zelda for Wii – We haven’t seen a new Zelda on Wii since the launch back in 2006, and everyone is itching to find out what Nintendo is going to change or add to this series.
- Wii Online Service – No one likes friend codes or playing laggy games online, and I think Nintendo would benefit if they add something similar to PSN or Xbox Live.
- 3DS gets a price and name – Expect Nintendo to price the 3DS from $249.99 to $299.99. As for its name, it will probably be something everyone is least expecting and will produce the same reaction as when they heard the name Wii.
- Super Paper Mario – It’s been a while since the latest Paper Mario, so I wouldn’t rule out the chances of a teaser.
- Luigi’s Mansion 2 – People were disappointed when they played Luigi’s Mansion on the Gamecube, but I was part of the group that loved it and are still asking for a sequel.
- New Wii Peripheral – I have a feeling that Nintendo has another exercise peripheral in the works, so instead of a full demonstration, we will briefly catch a glimpse of it.
- The World Ends With You 2 – Was never a huge fan of handheld games, but my friend loves the World Ends with you and insisted that we will see it at E3.
- Kirby – Along with a Nintendo handheld release, you need a first party title. What isn’t a better way to bring back Kirby, but to bring him back in 3D.